Anne Fitten Glenn • published May 10, 2009 12:15 am
WEST ASHEVILLE – Tom Rioux inadvertently stuck his hand into a can of paint labeled “nontoxic” while helping paint the Zen Center of Asheville a few years ago. Soon after, his hand swelled up to the size of a small melon, and he decided then and there to develop paints truly devoid of toxic chemicals.
My Comments: Tom Rioux has a rare vasculitis disease called Wegener’s Granulomatosis. He thinks that his disease was caused by 25 years of house painting. So to help other painters, he has started a company that sells real non-toxic paint.
Great job, Tom!
The blog title links back to the newspaper article.