A LETHAL FUNGUS was found in the brain of a Brooklyn boy who mysteriously and suddenly died at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, the Daily News has learned.
The shocking discovery marked at least the third child’s death that heartbroken parents believe may have been caused by spores released during construction at the prestigious hospital.
The rest of this article is here.
What I have to say: The boy with this lethal fungus was being treated for Wegener’s Granulomatosis, a vasculitis disease. It seems he picked up the lethal fungus from the hospital, possibly aspergillus. This is a sad and unfortunate circumstance because if the child had not been exposed to aspergillus, he would have lived a fairly long life. From the article, this child was the second death due to a lethal fungus at that same hospital.